You can make a positive difference to those affected by cancer and other life-limiting illness by getting sponsored for taking part in the Star Shine Stroll.
See how your money will make a difference:
- £3,640 pays for 14 nights of Hospice at Home care for a patient,– change figure to one week
- £1,100 would pay for a portable and discreet syringe driver to control pain relief and distressing symptoms
- £210 would provide seven one-to-one counselling sessions to patients and their families and friends
- £140 stocks the visitor's kitchen for one month, allowing loved ones to remain close at all times
- £80 covers the cost of transporting patients and their relatives to Arthur Rank House for one day
- £30 provides enough tea and biscuits for patients, relatives, nurses and visitors on the Tea Bar for 3 days
Here are the ways in which you can collate your sponsorship and don't forget you are not restricted to one, you can use multiple methods!
Star Shine Stroll Memory Walk sponsorship form
You can also collect sponsorship money in person with a paper sponsorship form if you prefer. Just make sure to ask all your friends and family to tick the Gift Aid box if they are a UK taxpayer. Gift Aid allows us to claim at least 25p for every pound you raise, at no extra cost to you or your sponsors. We will need all the donors’ home address details in order to claim gift aid.
In the centre page of your walker pack, attached to your confirmation email, is your sponsorship form!
Want to sponsor a friend?
Simply find their online sponsorship page. It’s a quick and easy way to show your support.
We have an annual aim to reach £40,000 please help us to achieve this!
Get sponsored onlineMake sure you set up your own online Just Giving page [link to just giving: http://www.justgiving.com/arhospice after you've entered. It’s quick and easy – just a few simple steps and you’ll be ready to fundraise I no time.
Why fundraise online?
- it’s quick, easy and secure
- your friends and family can sponsor you wherever they are in the world
- there is no need to bother with paperwork or chasing your sponsors for money after your event
- all donations and Gift Aid are collected and returned automatically to the Arthur Rank Hospice Charity
- you can personalise your page with photos and videos and tell everyone why you are taking part
- there’s a handy widget that lets share on social networking sites like Facebook
Returning your sponsorship money is really easy.
Simply follow the steps below:
Pay in your sponsorship money
If you have raised money using a paper sponsorship form, you can post a cheque, payable to Arthur Rank Hospice Charity to the address below.
If you do choose to send in your money by post, we recommend that you do not send cash. Send us your
We cannot claim Gift Aid on your sponsors' pledges without your sponsorship form. Gift Aid adds at least an extra 25p to every pound you raise at no extra cost to you or your sponsors. All you have to do is send us your sponsorship form.Unfortunately we are unable to collect money on the night of your walk so when you have finished fundraising please post your sponsorship form, along with a cheque made payable to Arthur Rank Hospice Charity, to us at:
Arthur Rank Hospice Charity
351 Mill Road